Monday, March 19, 2012

18 days, and Progress

Yesterday after posting I went for a ride to test out the Russell seat and highway pegs. The pegs need a bit of adjustment but work well, and the Russell is just fantastic! I did almost 500 miles yesterday while moving the NH tag. That turned into a bit of an extra ride. I took Rt. 16 down to Portsmouth, then 101 west to Brookline, where I was to get the old NH tag. Unfortunately first I ended up on the wrong road, N. Mason Rd., instead of Mason Road. Once I finally found the tag, Tapatalk (the Android app for forum access) wouldn't let me upload the photos. I rode back to 101 where I had better cell service, and by using my phone as a hotspot I used my laptop to upload the photos. This is where it gets funny- after uploading the photos and writing my post, I found I was beat by another forum member by 10 minutes! Fortunately I was able to figure out where the new tag was, and it was only about 13 miles away. I hauled right over there and officially moved the tag!

The day was a great success, and was very beautiful for a ride.

Tonight after work I started over on the light brackets and got a design I'm happy with, and had them both done in a couple hours. I just have to add the light tabs tomorrow, and make a small adjustment to the angle of my highway peg brackets after work. If all goes well I might just have time after finishing all the wiring to attempt to make an aux. fuel tank before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment