Monday, March 26, 2012

10 days, final countdown!

10 days left 'til I leave for Moonshine. One weekend left to work. Fortunately most of my necessary work is done. This past weekend we wired up my backup GPS and I started the install of my top box wiring. My highway pegs work well but need a small modification to keep the right one from spinning and loosening if I put downward pressure on it without it being fully open. I need to paint the peg brackets. I painted the driving light brackets, unfortunately the driving lights I chose have a problem- one of the welds on one light gave out during install, so I'll be returning them. I'm quite disappointed in them.

Left to do: Wire up tank bag for charging my headsets & phone. Finish wiring top box for charging my netbook. I've decided to skip the aux. tank and concentrate on making a quick release tool box mount. Wire up a relay and switch for my backup GPS. Assemble my tank bag organizer. Install my new Scorpion battery, and try to fit the throttle lock from my KLR on the ST.

This coming weekend will be spent gathering all of my gear together, rough packing, and fitting everything on the bike. I'll leave as much as possible packed until my departure. This will be the first time in 10 years that I'll be using my Excursion Pack, which should hold all of my camping gear- tent,. sleeping bag, pad, and camp chair.

I have a little news, only for those of you who actually look at my blog- I'm planning to move some tags during my trip. There are two easy ones- North Carolina and northern Texas. Both are very close to my planned route. I'm also considering moving Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Those may not happen though, as they are much further south of my planned route, and would add a couple hundred miles to my route, making for a 1250 mile day.

2 comments:

  1. When I see this I get paranoid I put moonshine down for the wrong weekend, and have to remind myself the via route you are taking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I think most people planning long Moonshine trips are doing them after Moonshine.

    ReplyDelete