Friday, February 10, 2012

Moonshine 2012 Trip Plans

For many Moonshine is the first trip of the riding season, and I am no exception. Last year's trip was a big one, but this year's will be even bigger. I will be riding over 9 days, putting on over 4700 miles, and riding through 25 states. Here is my tentative schedule (could change at any time):

  • Friday: Leave work at 4:30, clean up & on road by 6pm. Ride to at least southern PA before a 3 hour rest. 600 miles before break.
  • Saturday: Ride sections of the Blue Ridge Parkway before riding to Leland, NC. 725 miles.
  • Sunday: Day off, visit with my friend Joe Bardwell.
  • Monday: Try to visit Cooter's Place if time permits, before riding the Tail of the Dragon, then the Cherohala Skyway, before finishing the day at my friends Mike & Janice Strawbridge's home, Cleveland, TN. 632 miles.
  • Tuesday: Ride to Carrollton, TX to visit my friend Jody Matheson. 872 miles.
  • Wednesday: Day off, visit.
  • Thursday: Hardest push. Leave early and ride to Casey IL before 4:30pm for a BBQ. 756 miles.
  • Friday: Local riding around Moonshine, IL
  • Saturday: Enjoy a Moonburger, then leave for home. I may try another Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000 ride on the way home, arriving Sunday. 1120 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment